Schoolhouse

Comaum School, 1888 - 1990

In 1850, 12 miles north east of Penola, Mr John Smith established a sheep station and called the site Comaum. By 1888, with the arrival of more families to the area, Comaum School was opened. Our premium Coonawarra vineyard is situated on the original school house site, and each year a special wine is released in its honour.